Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Creative Commons and Photo editing

One of our assignments this week was to take one of our personal pictures and licence it through Flickr with Creative Commons.  This is my photo I licensed with Creative Commons.

                                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/47181928@N06/ / CC BY-NC 2.0
I choose to do this photo, because I ran across an interesting website, http://teachers.net/lessons/posts/1375.html# , which gave an interesting idea of taking photos of each step involved in carving a pumpkin.  This way you are teaching your students how form do step by step directions and at the same time you are teaching them what you need to do to carve a pumpkin.  By using a topic such as carving a pumpkin the students will get involved in the lesson, because they are able  to relate this information to real life situations. This makes learning much more interesting for the students and allows them to connect with the lesson on a much deeper level.  I think this website offers some wonderful suggestions on how you can implement photos into your lesson plans.  It is a great website to get some ideas, you should check it out!



I also had to edit the photo, by resizing it and stripping it of its color.  Then I had to use my snipping tool to take a screen shot of my editing process.  Last but not least I produced a slide show of all of my work, check it out above. It is actually pretty neat! Who knew I would ever be able to do anything like this? 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the website. I agree with you that it's best to find a meaningful context for lessons. If the lesson is decontextualized, it is especially difficult for students to learn the skill set. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete