Thursday, February 18, 2010

Google Docs

Google Docs & Spreadsheets Logo by dannysullivan
                                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dannysullivan/ / CC BY 2.0
  
  Today I started to work with Google Docs, I added my resume to my account and played around with it a little bit.  The really neat thing about Google Docs is that I was able to send my resume to my group members for them to look it over and make suggestions and corrections.  They are able to make corrections on my resume and send it back to me.  I am then able to change my corrections, while still having the history of all the corrections which are sent to me. This will be really useful for my students, it saves paper, by not having to print rough drafts out, and it will allow my students to receive more feedback, because more than one person can be correcting the same paper at one time. This will also be useful because you are able to create pdf files with Google Docs.  This will be extremely useful because I will be able to use different worksheets and lesson plans while saving them  as a pdf files so everyone, parents and other teachers are able to access them. I would be able to put them up on a website so if my students were absent or just did not bring home their homework, they would be able to access it at home.  That way they are not as apt to fall behind in their studies.  I can not wait to keep playing around with this application to find more interesting things I can do with it.    

No comments:

Post a Comment