Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Voice over with my Powerpoint

        This assignment was really frustrating to me! I was having trouble saving my voice over as an mp3.  I went online to archive.org, but was still not able to figure out how to do this for a while. Over all I think I spent about thirty minutes trying to figure out how to save my voice over as an mp3 file, so I could then upload it to put it with my slides.  I think that I was just overwhelmed with the information they had on the site.  They had a wide arrangement of things, which made it hard for me to navigate the site.  I think that I am going to have explore this website a little more so this is a less stressful task next time.  I think that it was just to new for me to understand how to navigate well on it.  I feel that by putting my voice in the background of a powerpoint, my students might stay interested for a longer period of time. I think this could  be very useful if I needed a substitute teacher to come in my classroom for the day. This is because I know the lesson would be presented how I intended it to be, even though I was not able to be there.  However, I did like slideshare it was a very easy website to navigate.  I was able to upload my powerpoint and add the voice over with much ease. I can not wait to learn how to navigate archive.org so I will be able to produce the type of powerpoints I expect.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that it was a little frustrating. With all that computers and the Internet can do, why don't they have the technology to accept all types of music on a slideshow, not just mp3? That was just a small frustration I had. I had to re-do mine a few times, re-recording my voice. It took a lot of patience and time, but I was impressed with what I walked myself through! Last week, if you told me to add audio to a slide show and embed it in our blog, I would've been completely lost. Now I think it's kind of fun!

    ReplyDelete